Tuesday, 18 December 2012

A photo update and some technical difficulties

Well it's been awhile since I've updated and that is because my Laptop's cooling fan has decided to stop working.Unfortunately with it being so close to Christmas and the fact I own a Sony I won't have it back up and working until at least mid-January. In the meantime I've been able to grab my girlfriend's laptop to make an update and load up battle chronicler so that I can get back to posting.

The first part of this update will be a few photos of my WiP Orcs and Goblins. I've had the last week off so have been able to get a lot of painting done. My army is 85% finished and for the most part just requires basing.

First off is my WiP Mangler Squig. These were done pretty quickly using The Army Painter spray primers and some drybrushing and then dipped. I'm pretty happy with how they've come out and have to say that the figure pretty much paints itself. All that's left to do is a few of the Night Goblins and chains, base it and then magnetise so that I can use them as two Manglers in large games (I have another pair in the post).




The next photo is a completed Snotling Pump Wagon. This again was done using The Army Painter spray primers, some basic painting of colours and a bit of dry-brushing. I really like this model once it's painted up as the Snotlings have a lot of character.




Finally is a photo of a nearly completed unit of 60 Night Goblins, all that's left to do is dry-brush the bases/movement tray with some GW Terminatus Stone and then glue some flock on. These guys are the mainstay of my army and there are a lot of them so there paint-job is to a basic standard. I haven't dipped them as it made the models too dark and I intend to come back sometime in the near/distant? future and put more work into them.





In terms of playing I've played 3 games in the last few weeks. Two of these were with my OnG against Beastmen and Empire which were both solid wins. The third was against Beastmen using my Skaven army. I've taken notes on these battles so will be posting up battle reports soon.

The final bit of news is that I have picked up a 3000 point unpainted Lizardmen Army from a guy in the US for $300 NZD. As a closet power-gamer I've always been keen on having a go with Lizardmen and at this price it seemed a great opportunity to pick up a third army. Well that's all for now as I have a mate coming over for a game. Hopefully I'll be able to get 4 battle reports up before Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment