Friday, 1 February 2013

Going Over the Top! next week in Hamilton

Hello All, Well next week will see me attending my second tournament of the year called Over the Top in Hamiilton, New Zealand. This is a 2400 point tournament using ETC-ish hard comps which will hopefully result in a lower power level of armies than at my last tournament Arch Enemy. There are pretty heavy restrictions on unit sizes, Ogres, Lizards, Daemons etc. Fortunately Orcs and Goblins get pretty much left alone. I've decided to take a more conventional army to try and address the randomness and animosity issues I had at Arch Enemy. The list without magic items is (as I haven't confirmed if the tournament is open or closed lists):

Savage Orc Great Shaman

Black Orc Big Boss - BSB
NG Shaman
NG Shaman

31 Savage Orc Big Unz - Full Command, Bows
21 NG - Bows
21 NG - Bows
? Fanatics

Goblin Wolf Chariot
Goblin Wolf Chariot
Goblin Wolf Chariot
6 Trolls
Squig Herd - 24 Squigs/11 Herders
Squig Herd - 24 Squigs/10 Herders

Doom Diver
Doom Diver
Rock Lobba
Mangler Squig
Mangler Squig

I've had two trial games with this army against Beastmen and Vampire Counts where it performed very well and got big wins. I found the list a lot more reliable to use and enjoyed the flexibility of the Savage Orc unit. I'm missing a few drops but I think I had too many in the first place and now I might actually get a +1 for first turn one day. Any thoughts on the list or match-ups to watch out for are most appreciated.

Cheers. Jeff

2 comments:

  1. Jeff....you've been corrupted....your list is littered with orcses! I'm heading down too and staying at the school, so see ya in a couple of days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I know having those Orcs is so un-cool. It's mostly due to the constraints of the maximum unit size bein set at 40. Goblins don't really come into their own until you can put units of 60 down. I'm considering a pure Goblin list for Equinox so I can get all 300 of my guys on the table!

    Also glad someone else is staying at the school. I had concerns about being alone and waking up with my kidneys gone like last time I went to Hamilton.

    ReplyDelete