Monday, 11 February 2013

Lord of the Rings: The LCG

So in a (probably doomed) attempt to get my girlfriend to be nerdy with me (she does help me with basing) I've sprung and picked up the Lord of the Rings: The Card Game.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite.asp?eidm=129&enmi=The%20Lord%20of%20the%20Rings:%20The%20Card%20Game

I managed to give it a go with a fellow nerd after Saturday's games at Over the Top and had an absolute blast. The game is cooperative and sees each player use a deck to beat an "encounter deck" that is structured according to preset scenarios. In the coreset you adventure off to Mirkwood forest and scrap it up with spiders, orcs and even a Nazgul (if you're unlucky). You can build your own decks or use one of the four pre-made decks. The cool part is that the expansions come out as new adventures and you know exactly what you're getting. I once dabbled in MtG and hated the randomness of buying booster packs so this is a real plus.

Sometime this week I'll get my girlfriend to have a game with me and hopefully push her onto a slippery slope, alternatively I'll have to sleep on the couch when I'm too bossy and tell her what to do with Eowyn.

No comments:

Post a Comment