Friday, 8 March 2013

Lizardmen vs. Empire 2500 points


Empire vs. Lizardmen
====================

Overview
--------
Scenario: Battleline
Date played: Friday, 8 March 2013

Empire
------
General: Regan
  (GotE) General of the Empire
      - 5++, Sword of Might

  (BWL) Battle Wizard Lord
      - 4++, Power Scroll, Lore of Beasts, Level 4

  (B) BSB
      - Plate Armour, GW

  (W) Wizard
      - Dispel Scroll, Lore of FIre

  (H1) 45 Halberdiers
      - FCG

  (C1) 12 Crossbowmen

  (C2) 12 Crossbowmen

  (H2) 12 Handgunners

  (D) 4 Demigrpyhs
      - FCG

  (G) 30 Greatswords
      - FCG

  (GC1) Great Cannon

  (GC2) Great Cannon

  (H3) Helblaster

  (HRB) Helstorm Rocket Battery


  Total: 2500 points
  ----------------

Lizardmen
---------
General: Jeff
  (S1) Slann
      - General, BSB, Lore of Death, Becalming Cogitation, Cupped Hands

  (S2) Slann
      - Lore of Metal, Focused Rumination

  (SP1) Skink Priest
      - Dispel Scroll

  (SP2) Skink Priest
      - Cube of Darkness

  (SV) Scar Vet
      - Dragonhelm, Great Weapon, Amulet of Itzl, Venom of the Firefly Frog, Shield, Cold One

  (SW) 17 Saurus Warriors
      - Muso+Standard

  (SC1) 10 Skink Cohort

  (SC2) 10 Skink Cohort

  (SC3) 11 Skink Cohort

  (SS1) 10 Skink Skirmishers

  (SS2) 10 Skink Skirmishers

  (SS3) 11 Skink Skirmishers

  (CS1) 9 Chameleon Skinks

  (CS2) 9 Chameleon Skinks

  (CS3) 9 Chameleon Skinks

  (T1) 3 Terradons

  (T2) 3 Terradons

  (T3) 3 Terradons

  (S3) 2 Salamanders

  (S4) 2 Salamanders


  Total: 2499 points
  ----------------

Deployment
----------



1. Deployment

Brendon won the roll for table sides much to his advantage. I had really been hoping I could claim the buildings for my Slann to hide from cannons. Deployment saw me to opt to scout the Camo Skinks and Terradons forward aggressively with the hope of getting behind him as soon as possible and negating the war machines. I figured if I could get behind him without any major losses in the first two turns I would be set for a good win. We rolled to see who went first and Regan won.

Turn 1 - Empire
---------------


1. Movement

The Demigryphs declared a charge against the Camo Skinks which I was forced to flee from and I already regretted placing those two units there. The Greatswords and Halberds advanced forward to get within General and BSB range of eachother while the rest of the army stayed still.

2. Magic

Regan hurled some fireballs and a ruby ring at SC2 but I managed to prevent any damage being done.

3. Shooting

Regan shoots Slann 1 (S1) which is my general/bsb. I have positioned him so that most cannon balls should bounce through the Skirmishers in front and provided a bit of protection. Regan rolls the first die which comes up 8, thus bypassing the skink shield. I then fail my Look out sir, am wounded, fail my ward save and Regan rolls 4 wounds to take my General off with the first shot. Then the exact same thing happens to my second Slann except Regan only does 1 wound. The Helstorm unleashes on SC2, killing 4 but they stand bravely while the rest of his shooting has minimal effect due to the range and my skirmishing.

4. Combat

None

Turn 1 - Lizardmen
------------------



1. Movement

I swarmed my Terradons and Camo Skinks around his right flank while the rest of my army advanced up to start causing trouble. Both of my units of Camo Skinks rallied. My terradons dropped rocks on his cannon and did a wound.

2. Magic

I roll a 7 for Winds of Magic and first cast Gehenna's hounds , Regan lets it through and I do one wound. I then cast a big Searing Doom with my remaining dice (6) and fail to cast.

3. Shooting

The Camo Skinks and Terradons unleash on the Handgunners killing half the unit, but they make their panic test. The Salamanders kill 11 Greatswords with some good flaming attacks but they also make their panic test. Finally S3 causes 2 casualties on the Halberdiers who make their panic test. Not a bad turn but I'd really hoped for at least one paniced unit.

4. Combat

None


Turn 2 - Empire
---------------



1. Movement

The Demigryphs charge the Salamanders who flee a full 12" through the Saurus who also panic and fail their test. The Halberdiers move forward a full 8" smelling blood. On the other side of the table the Greatswords charge SC2 who flees and redirect onto SS2 who stand and the charge fails.

2. Magic

A Flock of Doom is cast at my Slann which I use a dispel scroll on and my dice to stop the fire wizard from casting.

3. Shooting

A Cannon shoots at my Scar Vet which hits and wounds but is shaken off thanks to the Amulet of Itzl, the second cannon unleashes grapeshot into the Terradons killing 2. The crossbows fire at my Slann and take a wound off despite LoS, and the Handgunners fire on SS3 trying to snipe out my Skink Priest.

4. Combat

None

Turn 2 - Lizardmen
------------------



1. Movement

Both the Salamanders and the Saurus fail to rally and continue fleeing. The terradons charge his war machines while the rest of my army begins swarming around his blocks.

2. Magic

I roll double 1's for wind of magic, cast searing doom at the Demigryphs, get it off but he uses his dispel scroll.

3. Shooting

The Camo Skinks open up on the Demigryphs and manage to kill one, causing a panic test which they fail. The Skink Skirmishers and Terradon kill the Cannon. The Salamanders and skinks open up on the Greatswords killing 10, leaving the unit very depleted. The other Skinks hit the Halberds and lay on 7 more casualties. Finally the other Camo Skinks hit the Handgunners, leaving only one left and the wizard.

4. Combat

I take out both War Machines but tragically only move 2" and 3" in my over run so will bear the full brunt of his crossbows and helblaster next turn.

Turn 3 - Empire
---------------



1. Movement

The BSB charges the Saurus off the board while the Demigryphs rally. The Greatswords reform and desperately make for the safety of the building but are unable to make it.

2. Magic

SC2 cops another fireball and there are now only 2-3 left. He casts Flock of Doom on the Slann and takes a wound off.

3. Shooting

The Helblaster and Crossbows open up on the Terradons, leaving each unit with one Terradon left and both fleeing.

4. Combat

None

Turn 3 - Lizardmen
------------------



1. Movement

My Salamanders fail to rally again and finally flee off the board. My Scar Vet attempts a charge on the rear of the Greatswords but fails. The rest of my army moves in for the kill. My Skink Priest moves to redirect the Demigryphs and give the Slann time to escampe. My terradons rally and drop rocks on the handgunners, wiping the unit out.

2. Magic

I roll decently for the winds of magic but in the end only manage to get a small searing doom off against the demigrpyhs, I roll two ones in a row meaning no wounds are caused.

3. Shooting

I kill a few more Greatswords but not many as my templates overshoot. I reduce the Crossbowmen on the hill to four and my fire into the Halbers and other Crossbowmen greatly reduce their numbers.,

4. Combat

None


Turn 4 - Empire
---------------



1. Movement

The Halberdiers and Demigryphs both charge and I hold my ground.

2. Magic

Regan casts transformation of Khadon and his Wizard becomes a black hydra. I'm not fussed.

3. Shooting

Regan's crossbowmen shoot up SC2, destroy the unit and cause both S4 and SS3 to panic!.

4. Combat

The empire makes mince-meat of me and reforms to get my Slann.


Turn 4 - Lizardmen
------------------



1. Movement

My Scar Vet charges into the remaining Greatswords, confident of success against the General. The rest of my army swarms the Halberdiers and Crossbowmen while my Slann runs from the Empire troops so he can flee safely next turn.

2. Magic

I roll 12 for winds of magic and finally get a good phase off. I cast Final Transmuation on the Halberdiers and kill half the unit. I then use Searing Doom and Gehenna's Golden hounds to kill the BSB.

3. Shooting

A hail of poisoned Javelins and Darts finishes the Halberdiers and the Arch-Wizard. In the other firefights both units of crossbowmen are now fleeing.

4. Combat

My Scar Vet challenges the General, who accepts and I inflict two wounds on for none in return. They hold the building though after they pass their break test.

Turn 5 - Empire
---------------



1. Movement

The Demigryphs charge the Slann who flees and redirect into the Skink Cohort that also flees. One unit of crossbowmen continues fleeing while the other rallies.

2. Magic

None

3. Shooting

None

4. Combat

None

Turn 5 - Lizardmen
------------------


1. Movement

The Scar Vet charges back into the building while the rest of my army swarms around the remaining Empire troops. My Slann rallies and prepares to unleash a blast of magic on the demigryphs.

2. Magic

I throw everything I've got at the Demigryph's and kill 2, leaving the last one one 2 wounds.

3. Shooting

I finish off both crossbow units and inflict a further wound on the Demigryph.

4. Combat

The Scar Vet challenges again, which the Greatsword unit champion accepts. I kill him easily and win the combat forcing the last greatswords and General to flee.

Conclusion

At this point we called it a game as the next turn would have seen me get everything and it was time to pack up. I owe this win more to my army which proved incredibly resilient in the face of some bad luck and Regan getting over-excited and trying to capitalise when he should have sat back than my own skill. That being said I think that due to the lack of units he possessed I always had a way back into the game if I could manuever right. I was impressed by the Lore of Metal when it worked and can see how it is an auto-include considering the meta. All in all an enjoyable game and I think I am getting a better handle on how to run these skinks. I hope you enjoyed and as always any feedback is welcome.

Built with Battle Chronicler.
http://www.battlechronicler.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment