Saturday, 13 April 2013

Runefang VI Army List

Well I have submitted my list for Runefang VI. I was going to move towards a party Slann set up but have decided to stick with the Dual Slann approach. While I think this will be harder to use, the rewards are potentially greater.

Slann - General, BSB, Earthing Rod, Focused Rumination, Metal
Slann - Death, Becalming Cogitation

Skink Priest - Dispel Scroll, Curse Charm of Tepok
Scar Vet - Cold One, Burning Blade of Chotec, Charmed Shield, Dragonbane Gem, Light Armour
Scar Vet - Cold One, Dawnstone, Dragonhelm, Great Weapon, Light Armour, Venom of the Firefly Frog

10 Skink Skirmishers - Javelins and Shields
10 Skink Skirmishers - Javelins and Shields
10 Skink Skirmishers - Javelins and Shields
22 Skinks - Muso + Standard
22 Skinks - Muso + Standard
20 Skinks - Muso + Standard

9 Chameleon Skinks
9 Chameleon Skinks
6 Chameleon Skinks
3 Terradons
3 Terradons
3 Terradons

2 Salamanders
1 Salamander

All in all a similar list to what I took to NATCON but with the removal of some of the magic defence and the saurus getting the boot for more Skinks.

I'll only manage a few practice games with the list before Runefang due to university commitments but do have a game today against WoC that I will be doing up a battle report for.



10 comments:

  1. Excellent.....trap triggered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm flattered I'm worth setting a trap for

      Delete
  2. Hi Jeff,

    Whilst waiting for my eggs to boil I just thought I'd comp your list Swedish style. It took longer than I thought so I ended up with hard boiled eggs which is absolutely no good for soldiers. So its all your fault and you owe me a breakfast.

    Any way if I've calculated right we get
    Slann 1 68
    Slann 2 52
    Scarvet1 7
    Scarvet2 7
    Skinks 3
    Skinks 3
    Skinks 3
    6Skirmish 46
    Chams 36
    Terradon 40
    Sallies 45

    Total deduction 310
    Comp score minus 10/10 = minus 1
    (I used version 1.6)

    So if I've calculated it correctly you have an off the scale powerful army that should sweep all before them.
    I would wish you luck but you clearly don't need it LOL.
    So have fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, the problem is if I do poorly I've got nothing to blame but my own lack of skills. I'm just hoping for a top 10 finish.

      As for owing you a breakfast, I hope you're not creepily trying to stay the night...

      Delete
  3. And that's why Swedes should stick to being vegetables

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First the Poms, now the Swedes. Plenty more veggies to go yet Pete.

      Delete
    2. The system is definitely not perfect, for example I don't think taking Metal on your Slann is a soft choice, but I get 2 points back for doing it!

      Delete
    3. Perfect it isnt I mean it keeps scoring my Dwarfs really high as though they were uncompetitive or something?!?

      Delete
  4. I wish I'd taken double Quarrellers now.

    Then if we ended up playing, we could replay one of those 70s Zulu movies. Whether it ends up as 'Zulu' or 'Zulu Dawn' would be the interesting part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't recall the Zulus being better at shooting and having flamethrowers.

      Delete